In the XIV chapter of his Gospel, the Beloved Disciple gives us a conscience description of the Person and the Work of God the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Truth is a Helper similar to Christ Jesus Himself but, at the same time, not the same – He is God Himself, but He is neither the Father nor the Son. And His work is to defend us, to cultivate us as humble followers of Christ. He accomplished this by teaching us and reminding us of the details and the implications of the Gospel.
For Your Consideration
- How have you experienced the peace of the Resurrected Christ in your life?
- How does the Spirit of Truth teach you and remind you of the Beauty of Christ Jesus?
- What makes it easier to behave as an orphan?
- How is the help provided by Christ similar to the help from the Spirit? How are they different?
- How is God the Holy Spirit preparing you to be more Kingdom-productive?
Describe how you have experienced the tender, loving pastoral care the Resurrected Christ describes in these chapters?