The historical event of the Pentecost is evidence of our LORD’s faithfulness (the Lord promised the Spirit back in the gospel accounts), generosity, and compassion. Yet, because of our tendencies, we may be distracted by the display of His power and not notice the other miraculous elements of His work: the Spirit of the Living God is removing cultural barriers, unifying people under His grace, and showing hospitality to those who need it.
For Your Consideration
- What are some cultural expressions or artifacts that make you feel at home?
- How has the Gospel of grace made you feel welcomed?
- What are some unsophisticated means the Spirit of the Living God has used to make His message clear to you?
- What does cut to the heart look like in your life?
- What is some evidence God the Holy Spirit is cultivating humility in your heart?
How is this passage connected to your spiritual formation?