Scripture does not call us to ignore our circumstances and emotions, disregarding them as unimportant. However, using them as the starting point to make sense of life is neither wise nor prudent. So then, to discern the source of Frustration – and the Bible gives us three possibilities: our sin, the sin of those around us, and the Fallen Condition of the here and now – we need the resolution that only the Spirit of Christ can give us. With this resolution, we see the whole truth regarding life, eternity, and His Beauty and can embrace Satisfaction and Peace; on this side of eternity, it will never be perfect – we will continue struggling with Frustration – but the Spirit helps us to fight, now, the vanity of life without Him and the obsession of striving after wind.
For Your Consideration
- What do you do with Frustration?
- How do we fight the truth of Eccl.2:25?
- What have you learned about His Beauty in how He cares for you when life feels like vanity?
- How do you bring your future state of glory in contact with the here and now?
- What are some reasons our pride-idolatry resonates with values of the American culture?
- How does the Spirit help you to fight the vanity of life without Him?