Besides providing the fundamental Truth for our hope, the passage works as a reset button for our self-centered tendencies championed by our Supra-Enemy, culture. I am always amazed by how easy it is for us to forget all about God’s grace. Yet, it is because of His grace that we know Him as our Redeemer; it is because of His grace we know our condition, and it is because of His grace that we can learn and enjoy now the benefits of His kingdom.
For Your Consideration
- How can the claims of this passage be confirmed?
- What does it mean to be human?
- What do you do with your sense of shame and guilt?
- What does “for him” implies?
- How do delivered and transferred look like in the story of your salvation?
- React to the last point of the sermon.